Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sometimes you just don't need color...

Ahhh...was this ever a hard one!!! I have only done a handful of all-white cards before. And, I actually enjoy it. However, this one is for a swap group, and the theme was White Only. Easy peasy, right? WRONG! I thought I had a full pack of Whisper White CS, I DID NOT! OOPS! I am COMPLETELY out! I had to scour my scrap piles and drawers to come up with enough white pieces to make the flower, and luckily found a wide strip in a card kit I had leftover from a workshop! The base is Glossy White CS, and I have also used White Mulberry Paper. This is completely inkless, although I was tempted to white emboss something on the base. I now have a few inches of white paper, and do not know if I can wait till Sat to order more at the club meeting. Anyway, I love the way this turned out. Sadly, I have to mail it out to my swap partner. Which is unfortunate as I have a wedding to attend on Sun, and can only think how perfect this would be! Maybe, just maybe I can dig around for a few more precious pieces!

Supplies are SUO! Whisper White, Glossy White, and White Mulberry Paper
Ornament Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, and Dimensionals under the flower.

===For a little texture the flower petals have veins drawn in the with the end of my Bone Folder. They are also slightly curled. I have no idea how this will fare in the mail, so I am taking a few minutes longer to enjoy it before it hits an envelope. I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Naomi!! Wow...look what you did with limited supplies! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! Reminds me of how pretty a wedding dress is all in one color and lots of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I love the all white theme. The texture adds so much and your card is very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one blows me away...its so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete