Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A fancy little flourish card...

This weekend I have really been getting caught up on the crafting 'To Do List'. This is one of the cards I made last night. It's for a special friend, and I mail it tomorrow, so I hope she doesn't see this before then;) We have had a lot going on in my little family lately, and I haven't been taking any time for myself. It feels really nice to devote some time to doing what I love...stamping and sharing it with all of you! Here's a little about this card.

The base is Certainly Celery. I haven't used this color in a while, and I forgot how much I like it! When it's paired with other colors, it tends to get 'lost' since it is so subtle. However, on its' own against neutrals...it's beautiful! I'll definitely be reaching for it more often! The background is Whisper White run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Textures Embossing Folder, then brayed over the raised portions with Early Expresso ink. The Certainly Celery ribbon goes around that and over the smaller Certainly Celery layer. And that beautiful flourish stamp is called 'Fine Flourish' and I got it FREE by spending so much during SAB this year....shhhhh! I had never really noticed it before. Now that I have it...WOW! It's inexpensive and it's gorgeous! The green stone in the center is one of our Basic Rhinestones colored with a green Sharpie before putting it on the card. That's it...Voila!

I just love when such a simple card comes together like this! I hope the special friend I made it for will love it!

Until next time....Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. Love this card! I haven't used my brayer in a looong time-I will have to pull it out and try it with the embossing folders. Thanks for sharing your work with us-such inspiration is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful color combo! I had not ever thought to pair those! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card. I love Black and White together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the simple color combo and the texture created by the embossing folder and ink. I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is just gorgeous!! I love how the background came out.

    ReplyDelete