Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Scenic Halloween...

First of all, NO, I am not ahead on making cards for any holiday:) This card was made for a month long Fall themed swap among a group of SU Demos. Each Monday of the entire month, I will make and send a Fall themed card to my partner. Here's my first one. I really grew to like this one, and had a time hard putting it in an envelope.

The little girl image is new from SU, the set is called Greeting Card Kids, and all the images are just as cute! I can see me getting a lot of use out of this one! I started by stamping the image on Watercolor Paper with Jet Black Stazon (my first choice for watercoloring). I then stamped it on copy paper, and cut it out closely to make a mask. Once the mask was in place, I used the tree line stamp from Lovely As A Tree, and stamped that in Early Expresso. I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of copy paper, and masked the moon. Then I sponged the sky and ground, then removed the circle and used the negative to sponge the moon. There are two Early Expresso ribbon loops under the layers, and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Creating scenes with masking and multiple stamps is one of my favorite things to do. This wasn't a quick card, the coloring alone took me quite a while (and I still ended up with a little bleeding on one of her arms), but I love the end result. I was a little behind on stamping, and it was great just to sit and create this!

Stamps:
Lovely As A Tree
Greeting Card Kids
Teeny Tiny Wishes

Inks:
Rich Razzleberry
Not Quite Navy
Daffodil Delight
Old Olive
Pumpking Pie
Blush Blossom

Paper:
Rich Razzleberry & Early Expresso CS
WaterColor Paper

Accessories:
Word Window Punch
Modern Label Punch
1 3/8" Circle Punch
AquaPainters
Early Expresso 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon

Hope you like it!!! I will have to make another for keepsies:) As usual, SUO!

8 comments:

  1. I love the soft water color look! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you had a hard time sending it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The coloring is wonderful and I love all the stamps you combined! No wonder you wanted to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute!! I love the coloring-it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love how you combined all those images. It looks like it must have taken you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m following you from SC and I can’t wait to check back to see your creations!
    http://faithhopeandlovedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is wonderful. Beauriful colorng. In looking down your blog I saw your Dreamsicle cake. Looks so yummy! Would love the recipe!
    I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too.
    www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete