Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Flowers in the Window

This is a card that I should have had on here a month ago, but I just found it under my scrap paper! This was the swap I did for my hostess club's August swap. I am so in love with this new SU set, it's a Level 3 Hostess Set (free for hostesses!!!), called Window Dressing. Basically it is an adorable window with lots of cute images that can go in the window. Too cute. I stamped the window on Natural White paper, and using a craft knife, cut out the window panes. I then used the NEW Scallop Edge Punch to create curtains and added some DSP scraps to make wallpaper. I watercolored in the top 'fan light' window with a little bit of blue. Came out kind of dark in these pictures. I stamped the 3 flower image that also comes in this set, and cut each of them out (took forever, but was worth it!), then I colored them with SU markers, and used a 2-way Glue Pen to glue them in the window. The 'brick' on the house is SU Real Red cardstock dry embossed with a Fiskars plate. The fence is SU Close to Cocoa CS using the Scallop Edge along the top corner. I scored down each panel (between curves) to create wood slats. Added some wood grain with WWC and blender pens. Stamped, colored and cut out the little bird, who also comes in this set, used a glue dot to set him on the fence. Stamped the HB from It's Your Birthday Set, and threaded through some hemp twine, and tied around the fence. I put the whole card front together then glued it to a So Saffron base. Here is a close up of the flowers in the window...
Well, I need a better camera I think for all this detail stuff, but you get the idea. I hope you like this card! Oh, also, the shutters were scored along the 'hinged parts' and they are folded out so they are not laying flat. Lots of dimension on this one! Enjoy... It's a rainy day here AGAIN, so a card that's cheerful should make us all feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment